“These sessions are the perfect combination of learning a new tool and reflecting on how to implement in my classroom. I always look forward to the free lesson that is shared at the end of each session!”MN Educator
Upcoming Professional Development
Below you will find our upcoming professional development sessions for the 2023-2024 school year.
Introduction to Game Development with Scratch
What You’ll Learn:
- Gain a solid understanding of the core principles of game design.
- Master the fundamentals of Scratch.
- Develop your own unique game concept and bring it to life.
- Walk away with a ready-to-go lesson plan filled with activities and resources to introduce game development to your students.
- Ignite your passion for game design and empower your students to become the next generation of game designers!
No prior coding experience is required! This session is tailored for educators of all levels and backgrounds. We’ll provide you with the support and guidance you need!
Python in Education: For Beginners
What you will learn:
- Discover the benefits of using Python in your classroom.
- How to apply the basic functions of the Python framework to create beginner programs.
- How Python can be used to cultivate creative coding and storytelling.
No prior experience? No problem! This session is designed for educators of all levels and backgrounds. We’ll provide you with the support and guidance you need to succeed.
What is the commitment?
Each of our professional development sessions are virtual 1.5 hour sessions. Our sessions are typically held on Thursday evenings or Saturday mornings.
What do we cover?
- Beginner and Intermediate Scratch
- CS Integration
- Leveraging AI in the Classroom
- Getting started with p5.js
- Identity and ScratchJr
- Web Development
- Game Development with Scratch
- Introduction to Python
If you are interested in learning more about a specific topic not in this list, reach out to us at email@example.com and we are happy to design a future PD Session based on your interests!
Who can participate?
Any adult who is interested in Computer Science Education and wants to further our mission!
Code Savvy Educator Cohort
Overview: A CSTA Accredited professional development for PK-12 educators with monthly facilitated professional development sessions. Teachers build capacity in CS by exploring a variety of CS topics, examine equity and belonging in CS, and network with other educators. These sessions take place outside of the school year, usually on Thursday evenings or Saturday mornings.
Ongoing Support: Access to Code Savvy resources, dedicated email support, individual CS Coaching, and Code Savvy opportunities at discounted prices.
Cost: PD costs $500 per educator, with scholarships available.